What TV character would I like to be?

 I’d go with Eddie Horniman from The Gentlemen.

Here’s a posh guy who manages to live in a fucking huge house, smack bang in the middle of an even huger estate, who deals with a massive stonking family debt brought on by utterly incompetent brother. He’s savvy enough to navigate the world of weed production without any prior knowledge, and he manages to do all of that successfully, and without coming across as a complete tit.

Right from the start, he’s the ultimate problem solver. When he was an Army Captain, he performed effortlessly well as a UN peacekeeper, making sure that potentially complex situations were resolved in a calm, logical way.

Suddenly in charge of the family estate, he dives straight into the role and takes control. Then, once he realises that the place has been under-written by a potentially very dangerous weed growing gang, and his brother is in huge debts to an actually dangerous rival drug gang, Eddie navigates a way through every problem that comes his way, up to and including surviving and committing murder.

Not that he doesn’t make mistakes along the way, like when he unjustly accused JP of theft. but as soon as he realised, he went back ,admitted he was wrong, and made it right.

And when Gospel John was about to frag the Hornimans, Eddie made sure the staff were safe and out of the crossfire, while he took his place in the front line and hauled back his brother from a fate that he actually deserved. That’s cool. To say nothing of referring to the staff as Mr and Mrs, total respect.

So as much as I totally don’t agree with the whole aristocracy thing at all, Eddie Horniman totally rocks it. If I ever was born into nobility, I’d want to be just like him, but knowing myself as I do, I know that I’d probably end up being like Freddie instead of Eddie.

Cold Steel on the Rocks 

We Are Cold Steel 

Cold Steel and the Underground Boneyard 

It's Not For Everyone 

Sister Alex 

Charlie Scudsen, An American President

Comments