How loud are hand grenades?

 Fecking loud!

An RAF Regiment Gunner prims hand grenades, right next to the paraffin.

But if you’re close enough to actually listen to the bang, you’re fecked because at that range it’ll fecking kill you.

I remember being told on Basics that a hand grenade doesn’t have any friends, which translates as don’t be anywhere near the damn thing explodes, and that makes research into decibel levels problematic.

And of course, in these days of health and safety (quite right, too), you’ll be best to wear ear defenders straight after chucking one, as well as taking cover damn quickly.

However, I have been up close and personal with thunderflashes and drill practice grenades during FIBUA training, and they are fecking loud, so I guess the real thing would be even louder.

It's Not For Everyone 

Cold Steel on the Rocks 

We Are Cold Steel 

Cold Steel and the Underground Boneyard 

Sister Alex 

Charlie Scudsen, An American President

Comments