Can a Squier Stratocaster be used for playing metal?

One hundred percent yes! It's mostly what I play on mine. But unless you’re in the same league as Jimi Hendrix, Ritchie Blackmore, Yngwie Malmsteen, John Norum or similar, you might want to change any single coil pickups your instrument came with, but after that it’s full-volume face melting all the way!

If you’re right handed, you’ll find spares or replacement items all over the shop, but if you’re a leftie, like me, things like pickguards are a bit harder to source, but I guess that’s what hot rails are for!

My fictional band, Cold Steel, even though they only exist in my imagination (until I can convince Rob Reiner to film the books, that is), made very good use of Ceramic humbuckers of Squier guitars for their career saving concert in their third adventure, Cold Steel and the Underground Boneyard

Cold Steel on the Rocks

We Are Cold Steel

Cold Steel and the Underground Boneyard

It's Not For Everyone

Comments