My favourite Deep Purple album

 For me, Perfect Strangers.

I think the album came out sometime in 1984, although I probably didn’t listen to it until 1985. At that time, I was getting into metal, developing my musical identity. While I’d heard of Deep Purple, I’d never heard their stuff, but this album was right up my street. Early to mid eighties rock/metal - call it what you will, genres and categories don’t mean a huge amount to me, all I know is, I loved it.

And I loved the look as well. I loved their image, I thought they were just so cool.

And yes, I’ve long since discovered their earlier stuff, and I really like all of that too. But for me, this one is their best.

Cold Steel on the Rocks

We Are Cold Steel

Cold Steel and the Underground Boneyard

It's Not For Everyone

Comments