The most important piece of military gear

I’d have to say, my sleeping bag. I served in the RAF Regiment. When I was going through Basics, I had this bad boy as my sanctuary.

Your sleeping bag was the one thing that you absolutely kept dry, and they absolutely never got into with wet clothes. Even if you had to do the soul destroying thing of taking off your soaking wet camouflage, getting in your sleeping bag, and putting your cold wet clothes back on when you woke up. Once your tucked up in your fart sack, you’ve got one, two, maybe even three hours of recharge time, and you emerge feeling invincible.

When I was posted to a squadron, I got an even better one.

Warm as hell, and inside your bergen it crammed down into a stuff sack, and used with a bivi bag instead of the poncho-type bivi between two trees.

Your issue sleeping bag, an absolute life saver.

Cold Steel on the Rocks

We Are Cold Steel

Cold Steel and the Underground Boneyard

It's Not For Everyone

Comments