Do you listen to Canadian metal?

Sure I do. I listen to Nickelback. And for all the cork-sniffers out there who are already screaming that Nickelback aren’t metal…define metal. Yeah, right.

So Nickelback, and really, actually, what’s not to like? Nothing, that’s what. They do catchy, upbeat metal, and you just can’t help tapping your foot when they play their stuff. I love their lyrics as well. Some of them, like Never Again, are really profound. They’re not just party boys, lots of their songs are about social issues like drugs, crime, death. But they also do the party stuff, and they also do the ballads. You could argue they’re a complete metal band all in one.

It’s not just me, they’ve sold albums to more fans than just me, and their constant success is phenomenal.

Okay, so maybe Chad could cut down on the self-love, in between song patter when they play live, but that’s a small thing. And let's face it, if I was front man for Nickelback, I’d be in love with myself too.

Nickelback? They rock!

And do I listen to Nickelback when I’m writing my Cold Steel stories? You betcha!

Cold Steel on the Rocks

We Are Cold Steel

Cold Steel and the Underground Boneyard

It's Not For Everyone

Comments