Lockers in the gym


I haven't been to the gym since lockdown started, but when I did go, there was a definite phantom at work when it came to the lockers.
And I'm not sure if anyone else has noticed the same thing.
Maybe I'm just not a people person. Maybe I just like my own space too much. But when I go to the gym, I pick as empty a spot as possible to get changed and then find a nearby locker.
But it doesn't matter when I go, where I go, when it's time to come back for a change and a shower, your empty spot is always occupied and you have to do the post-shower shuffle to the other end of the locker room, along with all your clothes, to find an empty spot to get changed.
I've tried applying science and random to my calculations, but none of it seems to work.
It may be that the social contact spirits of the underworld are conspiring to make me more sociable, which wouldn't be surprising, and some would say it's long overdue.
It may be that everyone else is similarly dispossessed of a changing spot and has had to relocate.
Or maybe there's just not enough space for everyone to get changed at the same time.



Comments